Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's Time For Change, Part 1

I'm back! It has been a while since I've used this blog. It seems that most of the people I want to keep up with are on Facebook so most of my blog activity has come to a halt. I'm actually hoping that this new post doesn't attract too much attention. Just by publishing this post I feel like I'll have some accountability but I don't necessarily want to publicize what I plan to write about to everyone I know.

So, it's January. Resolution time for many people. I never make resolutions, at least not since grade school when it seemed that resolutions were always the essay topic du jour after Christmas break. I'm not making them today but it is definitely time for me to take some intentional steps to improve my health. As far as I know I don't have any chronic diseases or conditions, but almost 37 years of NOT paying any attention to my health and birthing two babies in quick succession have taken their toll.

My goal is to make changes that are realistic and maintainable for my lifestyle. In other words, any changes I make have to fit within the framework of my budget, schedule, and taste preferences. I won't be buying hundreds of dollars worth of supplements or spending hours at the gym. Even so, I have several great ideas for small changes that can potentially have big impact.

Stay tuned for next time when I outline what I'm hoping to fix through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment