Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011, The Hardest & Best Year: May Edition

We started May off with a little birthday celebration for Ray. We don't know his exact birthday, but our vet thinks he was born sometime in April or May 2008 so we designated May 1 as his special day. May Day = Lei Day = Ray Day.





This was also the month that my maternity leave was coming to an end. I went back for my first day and told them that it would also be my last (I don't think they were surprised). That same day, I took a (very) part time job as the office administrator at the church where I grew up. We are now extremely poor, but I can't imagine not having this time with Noa.


I celebrated my first Mother's Day.





We won another trivia night. This was a repeat win as we won our church youth group's trivia night last year, too. Our table theme was Family Tree. (We let Greg in as our bad apple.)





We closed out the month with a short but very sweet visit with the Michel family. Donovan was a natural with Noa, but I guess he would be with two younger siblings.





And the next morning, Jon had all four wisdom teeth extracted, plus a root canal, plus a boatload of fillings. Good times. And yes, he was fully asleep for the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment